How to Stay Positive Through the Winter
Do the chilly, gloomy days of winter make you want to curl up under the covers and stay there until the first rays of spring break through the windows? You’re not alone. During dark and inclement winter weather, there’s less of the mood-boosting help of sunlight, often setting the perfect stage for the so-called “winter blues.” What can you do to beat the blues when the short, dark days are getting you down?
If you feel more than just a little down every time winter rolls around, suffering with symptoms like missing work or struggling with day-to-day tasks, you may be experiencing seasonal affective disorder (SAD) or winter depression. For some people, the lack of sunlight upsets the body’s ability to keep its complex chemistry and biological rhythms in sync – for all intents and purposes, the body doesn’t know when to be active and when to rest any longer.
Before this post delves into the benefits of healing via energy for improving winter moods, here are some suggestions to get past the winter blues:
• Check vitamin D levels
• Get some light therapy
• Eat healthier
• Stimulate your senses
• Nurture your spirit
• Head to a sunnier climate
• See a therapist or life coach
The Energy Healing Difference
Just because the blues may come knocking at your door doesn’t mean you have to let them in and invite them to hang around. Reiki, also known as energy healing, can be one of the most effective ways to shuttle the blues on their way by restoring balance, improving mood and reducing stress.
Let’s take a brief look at each of these.
• Restoring Balance – Reiki has been determined to be a restorer of physical, mental and emotional balance, using healing energy to reestablish a healthy homeostasis.
• Boosting Mood – Reiki can significantly improve your mood, breaking you out of a negative funk; once the negative blocks are removed, your life force can once again flow freely and happily throughout your system, further strengthening that aforementioned and all-important balance.
• Reducing Stress – Reiki is actually designed to trigger your body’s relaxation response, which can bring on immediate as well as lasting relief from stress on the physical, emotional and mental levels.
Suffering with the winter blues? No problem. Felicia Evans is available for Zoom healing and inspiration sessions during this safe distancing time we’re living in, getting you back to yourself and in good spirits. Contact her today to achieve that transformation at (505) 702-2601.